There’s nothing more frustrating than losing a package that you’ve waited for so long to arrive. The hassle, inconvenience and cost of trying to find that lost package can really take a toll on you. The good news is; you can actually prevent that from happening by following these six simple tips without having to hire a private detective just yet:
1. Always track your deliveries. Packages these days already have tracking numbers to easily track them as soon as they’re out for shipment until delivery. If you’re expecting a package, don’t just wait for it to be delivered. Make it a habit to track the package’s progress until it reaches your front door, so you know of any delays and report any discrepancies when you see them in real time.
2. Choose the “signature required” option at checkouts. In most cases, deliveries are left outside your doorstep, which increase their risk of being stolen. But you actually have the option to choose “signature required” delivery, so that only you can claim your package. If you’re not home, you can authorize another member of the household to receive the package for you.
3. Pick up your packages at a secure location. Did you know that your home isn’t the only place where you can have your packages delivered? If you’re rarely at home, you can ask your courier if they offer an alternative route to hold your package until you can pick it up. For instance, you can arrange for FedEx to deposit your packages in a nearby Walgreens to keep them secured until you’re able to get them.
4. Invest in a package storage box. If you don’t want your packages sitting at your front door for thieves to see, you can invest in a package storage box that can be placed somewhere near your front door to keep your packages secured. You can unlock the padlock when it’s empty and the delivery guy will lock it after delivering your packages. Just don’t forget to fill out the “delivery instructions” to make sure that the delivery people know that you have this storage box.
5. Install security cameras. An outdoor security camera is still one of the easiest ways to make thieves feel intimidated about getting your packages. Place one near your porch or front door to make sure that you get a live feed from your phone even if you’re out of the house. You can even find a security camera with audio capabilities, so you can talk to delivery personnel and instruct them where to put your packages, so they are hidden from the sight of thieves.
6. Work with your neighbors. If you’re expecting a package on a day that you’ll be out of your house, you can kindly ask your neighbors to keep an eye on your deliveries or get them for you to pick up later at their house. You can also do the same gesture when they’re expecting deliveries while they’re not at home.
With these tips, you don’t need to worry about losing those precious packages ever again. If you need further assistance or information, don’t hesitate to contact us at Global Intelligence Consultants, Inc. today! We offer different services, like PI services, employee background checks, people background checks, private security, among others.